Qualifications for all positions through MaryPoppinsNannyService, LLC are based on the requirements and needs of the client.
We screen applicants on three broad criteria:
- Minimum of one year experience working with children, adults, aged or special needs.
- CPR, AED, First Aid, and car seat training
- Good judgment, critical thinking skills, time management, trustworthiness, responsibility, and maturity
- Or a two or four year degree in a child related field with practicum experience working directly with children, and some current part time child care employment experience
- Stable verifiable employment history
- Strong communication skills
- Trustworthy, able to maintain confidentiality
- Present a professional image
- Pass a criminal background check
- Excellent driving record
- Reliable transportation
Do they possess the skills and attributes necessary to work in an unsupervised setting?
- Ability to provide basic academic education to children
- Support and encourage parent relationship by providing recommendations and strategies to parents regarding their child’s emotional, physical, self-help, cognitive development
- Bilingual, trilingual (speaking, reading and writing) in any language
- Culturally competent and able to balance family culture and values with societal expectations
- Knowledge and experience in planning a trip, safe travel, and ability to work in a variety of environments
- Knowledge of community activities available for person needing care
Types of services:
- Nannies must have a valid driver’s license. Their driving record must be clear of any recent offenses relating to drugs or alcohol and excessive moving violations.
- Sitters are highly encouraged to work alongside an adult with childcare person. For example, this adult can be the sitters’s parent as well. Sitters may care for more than one child, but maximum of four children.
- Respite providers will care for the person needing services one-to-one basis only. Although respite providers may not provide transportation, respite providers also need to have a valid driver’s license, and a excellent driving record.